Friday 22 July 2011

No Show


Is there anything sadder than a show with no audience. Blimey - I should know. On this occasion I don't mean me. Last night I popped out to the Fin Bec restaurant on La Grenouillette. This was our first sortie and some of the reviews on-line had been a bit mixed. Well, there was an English family of four plus Gilles and I.  The young lady asked if we had booked and I glanced around at about 50 empty tables. Why do they do that? We chose from the 24 Euro menu and may I say that everything was a delight. A young lady named Jessica served with a professional friendliness that was about right. Dear Lord I would hate to be a restaurant or theatre critic. Those guys have to be hyper nasty just to make their waspish remarks amusing - or not. By the way if you ever pass by the resort of Royan do avoid the Tiki Restaurant. It is a beach side tourist trap. We ate there last year when we went to a concert on the sand entitled "Un violon sur le sable". The food was acceptable but the service was the rudest and most unprofessional that I have ever encountered anywhere in the world - and this is not hyperbole. AVOID!!!

I started talking about having no audience and as usual got completely distracted. On the way home we passed "Le Spectacle Equestre." Essentially this is a travelling circus show featuring horses. The evening was grey and coldish (by Charente Maitime standards - see photo). The show is outdoors and ranks of seats were arranged. How many spectateurs? Well - none. Bon courage mes amis - we have all been there.


Poor Tommy Voeckler - no longer in the yellow jersey. He will always be a hero to me and I hear no fat ladies singing as yet.


Emma thinx: Your best is good enough. Don't save the good in you for best.





If you like my blog you can get it automatically by subscribing on the right of this page. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x