Tuesday 13 September 2011

Privates On Parade.

I suppose Toulouse Lautrec started it all off. There is an idea that France (well, Paris) is the land of ooh la la with Curvy Chicks in Naughty Knicks. From my own sorties into Pigalle I wonder if any of the Ladies are French. Sexy France exists - but it does not exist in anything like the form that Sexy South London exists. Whenever I throw in some remark about "getting enough" or "I do like a big one" in true "Carry On film" tradition, French ladies look at each other uncomfortably, not knowing whether or not to acknowledge the "Double Entendre". Well it was them who gave us the expression (You Yanks will get this stuff from Benny Hill. See his News Flash here). Of course, they do have sex, probably in very normal quantities but bedroom doors are very firmly closed. However,whilst I grew up in a society of women who would chat over tea, coffee,wine, beer, cider or vodka martini about issues of "personal tastes and behaviour", I find Gallic ladies to be.....well - ladies. For a while I worked in a bakery making famous brand sliced loaves.(Let's call it "Father's Fancy"). The conduct and conversation of the young women was at first astonishing, became profoundly educational and finally deeply human. Maybe this happens in France. I'm clinging on trying to be a writer - but the bread factory beckons. Be sure, I'll report back if I end up there.


I have a feeling that the French privacy laws probably affect some of the attitudes I have described. In the UK, a headline such as "Lady judge and tennis hunk swap balls in Court" are normal. No such thing happens here. Privacy is enshrined in the French constitution. Only since the European Convention On Human Rights was accepted by the UK government have pop stars, footballers et al  taken to Law to ring-fence their lives. This is a tricky one. Much comment surrounds the DSK affair. (Head of IMF and New York hotel behaviour). Seemingly he's always been known as a right old lover of the female form but all the press kept quiet. Now all my Romance writing career I've actually been looking for a role model distinguished world-controlling billionaire. So that's what you'd end up with! No thanks - I'll stick with fantasy if that's the real show. 


Emma thinx: Fallen woman - watch the rush to pick her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x