Saturday 8 October 2011

Offside Default Swap - Simple!



Since I am supposed to be a writer of books I really ought to say something on the subject now and then. Writers can be some of the world's least interesting people since they sit writing - often with quite a grumpy and taciturn manner. When I was in my poetic mode I did a fair bit of wistful wandering. Then I would have a couple of drinks and forget what I had thought. Poets like me can be quite up themselves to be honest. However, in my guise as Laureate of the virtual supermarket shelf I am experiencing a few moments of glory this weekend. My book "Knockout" is at No.2 in the Kindle Interpol section and at No.28 in both the Romantic Adventure and Adult Romance tables. This is astonishing to me. My short story "Sub-Prime" is at No.2 in the "Workers Rights" section and at No.6 in the "Working Class" section. Come on now my dear dear readers - lash out that 99 cents/86 pence and make a  middle aged bus driver feel like a No.1 best seller. Thanks in advance guys - I knew we could make it together.


Dear Oh dear on the economy stuff. Seemingly we are all doomed. The market tail is throwing the dog off balance. The politicos will not do as they are told and guarantee to bail out infinite debt.(As soon as you pay some off they increase the interest rate and want more). I actually heard a City guy moaning that politicians are too aware of the voters and tax payers. The solution is simple. Get rid of the politicians and democracy and have free elections for bankers, traders, spivs and gangsters instead. It looks increasingly to me that the big players have nearly jockeyed themselves into a position where their hedges/ default swaps et al will clean up the plate and it will be advantageous to crash the show. Governments will then pour liquidity into the sieve and the well placed hands will catch it. I wish all the free marketeers good fortune and merely comment that the rule of Law and the universal acceptance of property rights will only ever be maintained be the State. Be careful how much you crash. Barbed wire might be a good investment.


Since I have been working more or less full time I have not been able to read as much as I would like. I am still with Bert Carson's "Fourth and Forever". I'm enjoying the read but cannot quite grasp the rules of American Football. In soccer I'm afraid that the offside rule is even more baffling than most items on the financial derivatives market. Wouldn't you worry about a best selling romantic old trollop who could run the line with a flag and deal you a forward rate agreement?


Emma thinx: If the markets are free why do they enslave us?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x