Friday 7 March 2014

Sex Discrimination Scandal. Free Books For Sisters

Get yourself tooled up for love
Shannon's Law has been out there a week. It's doing OK but something very weird is happening. At least half the readers are men. Are they picking it up because it is sub-categorized in crime? Have the guys always been would-be  romance readers and the e reader allows them to indulge?

I started some research yesterday. Firstly I made contact with Woman's Hour, a BBC Radio 4 programme for persons of the XX rated chromosome tendency. I've asked them if they know about this phenomenon. Their machine replied saying  they probably wouldn't answer. 

Secondly I went to Walmart and loitered about near the hot romance display to see if I could spot any hairy hunks snapping up copies of "The Billionaire's Virgin Underpants". Not a sausage. By the way - what ever happened to Millionaires? I'm not looking but if I were free anything above five hundred million does add at least six inches  to a man. Even a couple of million enhances the eyes and the general charisma.

Thirdly I am looking for any insights from my readers. Does your man rummage in your Kindle while you are at work? Do the guys sit around with their beers before the boxing on TV chatting about Harlequin's latest hero?

If you're an XY Chromosapien, do you have a Sheikh's Marriage Ultimatum hidden in your toolbox?

The problem of course is that in the old days publishers loved to keep us all classified by genre. Any old cow looking over the fence into another field was soon segregated by the gate keeper. It was always something of a myth. Brothers are doing it for themselves. I do love them for it you know. 

In the pursuit of my research here is an unbeatable offer. If you are a woman romance reader and would like to balance up my reviews here is a link to get you a free copy of Shannon's Law during the next two weeks. Yes Really! If you do a review I'll love you for ever and send you a free copy of Cop's Kitchen as well. Come on sisters, don't let them grab our stuff. They can play with their own tools. If things like cars are a bit of a mystery, all the pictures of things in the book are on my pinterest board. 

Ladies register here for your free review copy 


Emma Thinx: Stick to what you don't know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x