Sunday 2 March 2014

The Queen Of Hearts, She Made Some Tarts

Queen Tea. She's a Yorkshire Lass who loves a proper brew. Bloxington Manor in the background.
Well - we launched it. The queen smashed the champagne on the bow and she slid away. So far Shannon's Law floats on a sea of good reviews. (More please). Soon, I just know, someone will buy a copy. It has to happen.


Mug shot
Thanks so much to all the lovely folk who dropped by. I had tremendous fun making and photographing the scones, buns and sandwiches. I had even more fun chatting about the male hunks who could have displayed on the cover of Shannon's Law. One day all these guys are gonna rise up and tell us they're not merely sex objects. My man tells me he's happy to be seen as a sex subject provided I'm prepared to cooperate on the other side of a transitive verb. I think that means he still desires me. I've got a fab editor (Anneli Purchase) who does the hardcore grammar stuff.
Sex Subject.

I asked for your cakes and boy - take a look at these. This is a library! Thanks to Sharon Goodwin of Fiction Addiction Book Tours for sending me her treat. My lovely friend Petra Rovere let me into her poppy seed sensation secrets. What troubles me is that Petra is in Slovenia and knows more English than me. 


Try making an e book to taste better.
Thanks also to Claude Nougat (novelist, linguist, poet, artist, economist, philosopher) for popping in with her 'vite et bon' sponge. How does she get time to cook?


With Poppies from Petra.
Claude's Vite et Bon gateau. 
The whole theme of course was good old fashioned English tea. In the novel, Shannon takes tea with the Earl Spencer as she begins to enter his private world of aristocracy and tradition. He is a troubled and reserved man. Once upon a time he sang Elvis songs and played saxophone. A new sun has come to thaw his blue blood. And yes - it's a warm red after all.



Whatever the fate of my book I've had a lovely time with the launch. I've made contact with folk - critics, writers, editors and readers who have helped me all the way. I've also had contact with the guys who produce Yorkshire Gold tea. This is not a commercial placement. I adore their tea. It is my day time fuel. OK - after five o' clock maybe I can slip in the odd vin rouge, or two...... Just like Shannon in my book. 

I went to Bloxington Manor to do some publicity shots. Above is a little link to my tea by the lake.

And that's a wrap. Shannon's Law has been a year of my life. I write by hand and it's a four times edit before it goes to my editor. OK - I know, it needs another edit! Too late, there's another passion patrol keel on the slipway.

Emma Thinx: Life is a perfect rising cake -  that sticks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x