Tuesday 8 July 2014

Lunacy, Lance and Lycra

Hear all about it - lend me your ears.

Wow! What a Tour de France we have had in England. Dense crowds of cheering Brits lined the roadsides. Six million selfies were snapped with the hurtling peleton as a backdrop. 

I haven't been blogging because I've been working at my day job as an audio editor for my company Gallo Romano Media. We picked up a fabulous job to do an audio book all about the Tour de France. I now know things a woman shouldn't know about what riders used to do with Nivea Cream.(It wasn't exactly applied where the sponsors intended). I also know a lot more about the history of France and Europe and the juicy scandals and skulduggery surrounding some of the old time stars. Lance has got some catching up to do believe me. 

The book "The Tour de France - The Inside Story" by Les Woodland is brilliant. My man - Oscar Sparrow, did the audio in his performance poet French Italiano mode. To get into the mind set he rode the Tourmalet and the Col de Marie Blanque on a Tacx simulator. Taking the heavy breathing off that track was tough. 


Dropped H - well what ever makes you 'appy
Getting away from the editing desk on our tandem was wonderful. I had completed a whole twelve miles before I had to take a coffee break in the ultra posh town of Stockbridge in Hampshire. The dropped H from the sign is in honour of my French/Cockney accent. Well - it's an 'otel innit. I reckon they took it down for me so that I didn't feel out of place.

If you're in to politics, sex, scandal and bikes keep an eye out for out latest audio book which will be out soon. If you fancy winning a free copy click here.



Emma Thinx: Friends, Romans, Cyclists - lend me your rears





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Always so happy to get your feedback. Emma x